Saturday, September 06, 2008

Fight

剛開完DJ義工會,無意中看到一段電影Any Given Sunday片段,是Al Pacino一段講人生講團隊的精彩講話。沒有字幕,我嘗試原原本本的將這段話記下來:


I don't know what to say, really.

Three minutes to the biggest battle of professional lives. All comes down it today. Winhill as a team, we gonna crumble, inch by inch, play by play, till we finish.

Where the hell right now, gentleman? Believe me. And, we can stay here with the shit kick out of us. Or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell, one inch at a time.

Now, I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around. I see these young faces and I think: I made every wrong choices an middle age man can make. I... pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get older life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuffs. You'll find out life is the game of inches, so is football. Because it is the game, life for football, the margin for error is so small. I mean: one half of step is too late or too early and you don't quite make it. one half second too slow or too fast you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. There are every break in the game, every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us into pieces for that inch. We crawl with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up, all those inches that are gonna make up all those fxxking differences between winning and losing, between living and dying. I will tell you is: in any fight is the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I gonna have any life anymore is because I still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is. The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him. That's the team, gentleman. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals.

That's football, guys. That's all it is.

NOW, what are you gonna do?

------

也許年紀漸長,漸漸覺得做節目的日子不多了。看著這班滿有熱誠的DJ同學們即將接捧,當然感到高興。但想到一年過後義工會又再小貓三四隻,拖稿甩稿的情景,不其然地嘆息:有誰會為這吋土必爭的人生戰場出力fight?有誰會為這個團隊sacrifice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Al Pacino's speech. Chrismatic speech can always move people. So does our ex-boss.

Everything has its own life cycle. Everyone has to do his own part. Everyone has one's own path to move on.

Maybe, the thing we can do is to work out our very best, and pass on what we have.

dorothy